Audit and Assurance Services
PMKD & Associates places a high value on trust, and trust is the foundation on which the assurance services stand on. Our assurance
department focuses on compliance with Indian GAAP, US GAAP and IFRS for Indian companies. We also have experience in handling
the audits of companies with presence in the US, UK, Europe and other parts of the world.
We offer services in:
- Statutory Audit
- Internal Audit
- Tax Audit
- Information Systems Audit
- Special Audits including, Proprietary Audit, Forex Audit, Sustainability Reporting, etc
The firm offers certification as the statutory auditors under different legislations, including The Companies Act and Exchange Control
Our clients are both global and local, and range from construction to ecommerce, banking, finance and more.
In today’s business climate, corporates have to fight against market forces to gear up against the competition. Corporate restructuring is an important part of addressing these challenges.
We provide end-to-end assistance in restructuring activities such as:
- Shareholder Restructuring
- Promoter Group Restructuring
- Balance Sheet right sizing
- Group Restructuring — Merger, Demerger, Business Transfer, etc.
- Family Arrangements, Succession Planning
- Recognition of intangibles, IP Structuring
- Financing Structuring
Valuation determines the worth of an asset. To ensure that you have the most accurate value for your business and assets, we under take valuation in a very professional way, applying both common sense and careful thought.
We undertake valuation for:
- Intellectual Property
- Business Undertaking
- Fixed Assets
Due Diligence Review:
The firm is a trusted partner for many venture capitalists and a few angel investors.
We offer to you, financial, tax, legal and corporate secretarial diligence, which are handled by our relevant experienced teams. We are with you from the first term sheet signature until the final agreement, or on an as-needed basis.
We also offer special services such as:
- Profitability Analysis
- Process Review
- Operations Analysis, etc.
Direct Taxation and Regulatory Services
Making taxation understandable and clear is our goal, and we offer this service to individuals, coporates, LLPs, and more.
We handle all tax compliances and advisory services
- Transfer Pricing
- Global taxation
- Tax structures for a Multinational Presence
- Legal Opinions on Taxation
- Related Advisory ServicesLitigation and Regulatory ProcessTo provide you with end-to-end assitance, we also handle all the assessments proceedings under direct and indirect tax provisions.
We also have expertise in appearing for regular assessments, handling appeals and appearing before tax tribunals and High Courts for any disputes.
Structure and Taxation Opinions
To give you a well rounded perspective on your taxation options, we offer assistance and an opinion on your direct and indirect taxes.
Indirect Taxation and Regulatory Services
Recognizing the client requirement to tackle a plethora of Indirect Tax Legislation which impacts every conceivable nature of business transaction be it manufacture, trading , rendering of services, imports, exports and to the extent of even encompassing movement and entry of goods in a jurisdiction we have a full-fledged Indirect Tax Practice within PMKD & Associates.
A specialized team of subject matter experts, under the guidance of a Partner and Practice Leader are rendering the following array of services:
- Indirect Tax Advisory – situation specific application analysis and application of law to mitigate tax exposure
- Vendor and Customer Contract reviews to identify Tax exposures
- Assistance in drafting internal policies having Tax impact
- Tax compliance assistance under Service Tax, PAN India VAT, Excise, Customs, Entry Tax and Foreign Trade Policy Laws
- Assistance in maintaining tax records for the purposes of statutory compliances and audits/assessments
- Assistance in obtaining Indirect Tax and other allied Local Laws Registration
- Assistance in complying with various licensing requirements such as SEZ, IEC, Customs, Excise etc
- Assistance with filing and obtaining indirect tax refunds
- Representation and Litigation Support Services
- Management/employee tax workshops to keep abreast of the law
- Tax Compliance Health checks
- Indirect Tax attestations – VAT Audit reports, Annual Returns etc;
- Handholding the client at the time of inspections, intelligence audit visits etc from the Department
- Support in pre audit/assessment preparations before representations are made to the Indirect Tax authorities
Corporate Law and Governance Services
Ensuring that you can concentrate on growing your business in an upward direction is very important to us. Handing over matters of corporate law and secretarial practice to us, can give your Board of Directors space to concentrate on their shareholder duties and focus on higher levels of operations.
- The incorporation of several types of legal entities or statutory registrations required to
operate in India
- Compliance under the Foreign Exchange Management Act
- Related advisory services
- Training in Corporate Governance
We are experienced in the position of being an advisor for the Boards of Companies. We can even handle all needs under the Companies Act, 2013.
In terms of corporate law, we handle:
- Shareholder Agreements,
- The Governance Mechanism of Holding Companies, etc
Training in Corporate Governance
Our firm has a joint venture with an Australian CPA firm called Exemplar. The firm renders Corporate governance training to Boards across India through the expertise of Con Livissianis of Exemplar, Australia
Litigation and Regulatory Process
In order to resolve any disputes or matters of court we also handle matters in:
- The Company Law Tribunal
- Company Courts
- Official Liquidations
- The Registrar of Companies
- Other bodies of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs